Sunday, July 10, 2011

Seven Years of Marriage


 Seven years ago, we got all dressed up and pledged our lives to each other.  Neither of us really knew what we were getting into.  Really, who does?  I think we thought we'd ride off into the sunset of a wonderful life.  I guess in some ways we have.  We didn't know we were embarking on an adventure, one that would push us to our limits while testing our love, our faith and our sanity.


Then again, I did stand barefoot in a creek in my wedding dress.  Adventures keep life from being too boring.



 On that day, it was two become three.


 Just under a year later, the three became four.


 Now we're a tribe.  Sadly, this is the most recent family picture I have.  We'll have to rectify this soon.

 We've gone on many adventures together over the last seven years.  Some have been happy ones, like our many road trips.  Others, like my battles with depression, have been long and arduous.  We haven't always been sure that we would make it through.

 If you are going to get lost, wander through enemy territory and wade through the slough of despair, Steve is a great companion.  He's pointed me in the right direction, fought for me more times than I can count, and kept the faith when I couldn't.  When we're together, I find my courage.  I guess deep down I believe that he really can do just about anything, so that no matter what mess we find ourselves into, we'll be okay together.  I'm thankful for his loyalty, his perseverance and his faith.

 Babe, I love you and I look forward to many more adventurous years.

6 comments:

  1. He's pointed me in the right direction, fought for me more times than I can count, and kept the faith when I couldn't. When we're together, I find my courage.
    I loved that phrase! I pray you have many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you have a great guy to wade through it with!We're going on 20 years this August and we've waded through, rode wild waves, and got stuck in flat doldrums, but always together -- I wouldn't trade any of it :) Blessings, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be 29 for us this August. And I have to say the same for my husband. He points me in the right direction and fights for me while in enemy territory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you lots too, and am looking forward to the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures and the way you tied everything together. Truth with a sense of humour - or a touch of quirkiness. Take your pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled from the very beginning of this post to the very end. I'm a man – all speak for all men here – although Steve has spoken too – I'm not sure if there's a better anniversary present to a man than to know that he's appreciated and respected and loved. This was an awesome present. I hearted it. God bless you both – and your tribe :-)

    ReplyDelete