Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Skill!

 I learned a new skill yesterday.  Well, I've been informed that I can't expect to be accomplished yet, so perhaps it is more accurate to say that I began to learn a new skill yesterday.  Kate was up for the weekend. We had fun attending a Good Friday youth service, going to see a movie, and just hanging out.  I'm not sure why, but I mentioned that I had a sewing machine. Oh, I think we talked about going to a craft store so I could get different thread for darning socks. Somehow it came out that I had a sewing machine that I don't know how to use.

 Our plans suddenly changed from visiting the craft store to playing with my newly-inherited sewing machine.  As it turns out, this is a very nice machine.  Kate was drooling.  We started working through my mending pile, Kate teaching me skills as we mended.  This worked out very well.  She understands what stresses me, and thus was able to teach me without my head exploding.  I don't do very well with learning things like sewing. Machines scare me because I'm good at breaking them.

 But I didn't break this one! I currently feel rather victorious as I have started to learn to sew and my mending pile is quite a bit smaller. Yay!

 Now all I need is a best friend to teach me how to make caramel properly. *hint hint*

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, sewing... I remember the days when I would sew little pants and shirts and costumes and capes and costumes... I had a little boy, so the variety was limited. Enjoy your new hobby. It's FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is something satisfying about the sewing and knitting and writing with a pen in a journal...

    ReplyDelete