Sunday, August 14, 2011

My SILs Wedding

 Yesterday my lovely SIL got married.  It was a lovely wedding made even more so by the presence of some very handsome men in suits.



I must admit to having a weakness for men in suits, especially a certain big one and two littles.  These are the very first suits for my little boys.  They were so excited to have such lovely dressy clothes that Zane wanted to wear his home from the store.  We didn't let him, but we did let him wear it again to church today.  My hubby doesn't like wearing suits so I made sure to capture the occasion on camera(I'd say on film, but that doesn't really work anymore).

 Veronica, my dear friend who braided my hair when my arm was broken, helped with my hair for the wedding.  We divided it into two sections and twisted it up.  While she was doing my hair, Keisha and
Bianca, other mommies from the complex came over to help.  Personally, I think they just wanted to observe the very rare occurrence of our family being dressed up. Even after we were ready, they all hung out on our patio until we paraded past them in our finery.  However, I did put them to work painting my fingernails. I'm not very good at doing my hair or nails, so it was great to have help.  Fancy occasions in community are a lot of fun. :)

 Upon arriving early at city hall, we took advantage of the free time and took pictures.  Our children took turns smiling for the camera. I'm not sure we got a single shot that has all of us smiling at the same time.  Oh well, that's what photoshop is for, right?

 The wedding was beautiful.  Both the bride and the groom teared up.  As my SIL reached the front of the chapel, her soon-to-be-husband was heard saying"You're beautiful, you're just so beautiful" over and over.  I didn't quite tear up, but it was a close call at times.  It was great to catch up with our family from out of town, especially those that just had babies.  But the most special moment of all was seeing the marriage.  My BIL has almost died numerous times in the last two years.  We weren't sure he would  be alive to get married.  Seeing them pledge their love to each other was an answer to much prayer.  We wish them many happy years together. :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, Gracie. Shouldn't you have given an honourable mention to the photographer? (tongue in cheek of course)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your sister- and brother-in-law! I share your sentiment about men in well-fitting suits.... although I must confess to a certain weakness when it comes to classy sweaters, too ;) On a separate note, can I just say how smashing you looked, dear Grace? If that's the dress about which you blogged the other week, then it most certainly counts as an answer to prayer! Absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all looked wonderful:) Congrats to the whole family! p.s. I LOVE the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're all handsome .. congrats to the whole family ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace, your dress was perfect for you absolutely stunning.
    glad you had such a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete