Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunday at the Parks

Originally written June 30, 2010 and somehow not published...*sigh*

 So today turned out much much better than I thought it would.  I've been stressing about today for weeks.  But....instead the day turned out awesome!  I had a moment of sheer terror, but Steve prayed for me and we got through it.  After the service and a training session, we had a church picnic in a nearby park.

 Today was a beautiful day for a picnic.  It was warm, but not too hot and the rain held off while we were eating.  Relaxing on the grass, eating a mostly local lunch(including homemade bread), hanging out with our church family while our kids enjoyed an extended playtime with their church friends. I'm glad I went as originally I was going to skip. Instead it was a refreshing time.

 After the church picnic, Aris and I hopped the bus downtown to the Multicultural Festival.  We spent several hours browsing through the stalls looking at everything from fair trade handicrafts to tea to dresses. I almost bought a beautiful brown silk dress, but changed my mind.  The fit wasn't quite right, but it was gorgeous!  We found my yoga teacher and ended up both eating with her and then getting a lift home from her.  That came at the perfect time because halfway home we were caught in torrential rain.  It was a blessing to run from the van to our door rather than make the five minute walk from the bus stop in that downpour.

 Aris enjoyed the one-on-one time with me, looking at lots of jewelry, eating corn-on-the-cob, fresh fruit and baklava, and the storytelling.  She sat for about half-an-hour listening to the storytellers.  It was good for us to have some time just to ourselves and Aris is fun to go out with.   Sadly, she doesn't enjoying getting rained on as much as I do.  We were caught in the rain several times which I found refreshing. Aris not so much.  But it was a good day spent outdoors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment