Wednesday, November 17, 2010

For Dinner Tonight I Made....

 Recently I have been much more creative than usual.  Creativity has just been oozing out in many different forms.  My favourite is, as always, food.  Typically I bake something on Wednesdays so I can test it on the unsuspecting members of my small group, but we skipped small group tonight.  Since I wasn't baking, I decided to try something different.  Tonight I made pizza!

 I've never done this before, so I was a little nervous, but also very excited.  I kept wanting to message Steve that I was making an awesome surprise for dinner, but never quite got there.  I managed to get some of my ingredients on sale(priced to clear is my favourite!).  I put the dough in the oven to rise while I collected the children from school.  They were very excited about helping.

 The recipe I used made enough dough for three crusts, but I only needed two so we froze the third.  Aris rolled out one crust, while Kian did the other.  They both did very good jobs, although Aris' was much better.  She decorated her pizza all by herself and did a phenomenal job.  I should have taken pictures because it was amusing how much better than mine hers was.  She won for most beautiful pizza.  I won for messiest and most toppings. :)  Aris made a standard pizza with tomato sauce, pepperoni, cheese, black olives, mushrooms and some broccoli.  Okay, so maybe it wasn't that standard after all.  My pizza had homemade pesto sauce, cheese, chicken, tomatoes, olives, red onions, black olives, some mushrooms for steve, broccoli, and some pepperoni that Kian sneaked on.  My pizza was loaded!  As a result the crust was rather soggy, but oh was it good!

 We had a blast making pizza.  I've never made it before.  Although there were some frustrations, it was such a fun family event and a fun surprise for Steve.  We had enough leftovers that both Aris and Steve will be taking some in their lunches tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment