Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Headaches on Tuesdays

 Blah! I HATE headaches!  Once again, we had company over for dinner on a Tuesday and once again I had a massive headache. Boo! Last week, we invited Aris' teacher over for dinner.  We had a very nice evening with her.  I really enjoyed getting to know her better and experiment with a vegetarian recipe I had found.  I do cook meatless about once a week (or more depending on the week), but it was fun to try something a bit nicer and different than what I usually do.

 Tonight we entertained friends from IT.  Steve grew up with D and she was one of the very first people I met after we started dating.  Since our meeting, she met a wonderful man, got married and now has a three year old.  As they live in Austria, I've met them once since then, the last time they were home on furlough. That made tonight extra special.  They're a multicultural family.  H. was(is?) a refugee from the Middle East and D is from here.  He speaks Farsi, she speaks English.  To each other, they speak German.  It was fun getting to know them both better, hear their stories and enjoy some good food.  I really enjoyed listening to them speak German together.  H's English is still in progress, so D would stop to translate if I spoke too quickly or used unfamiliar idioms.  As we are becoming much more used to this, we weren't frustrated at all which soothed our friends' nerves.  Thankfully our children played well together.

 Thankfully my headache calmed down while they were here, but it is steadily gaining in strength again.  I am thankful for both the reprieve and the visit with friends.  I am also thankful for my wonderful husband who just cleaned my kitchen for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment