Sunday, December 5, 2010

Me Time

 One of the biggest stressers for me the past year or so has been the lack of me time. Specifically, time away from responsibilities.  Tonight I actually managed to get some of that time.  A group of moms connected with the school got together to watch a movie and then go out for drinks and desserts.  I was invited.  We've been eagerly anticipating this for at least three weeks and oh, was it good!  I'm exhausted now, but I ate wonderful food, laughed long and hard, had some deep conversation and made new friends. I feel much happier and more relaxed than I have for a while. Yay!  Now to scurry off to bed...:)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, me time is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We women need those times with other women where we just relax and have good, clean fun. But esp. if you're a stay-at-home mom, you need this time away. Try to make it a reg. thing even if it's just calling up a few women at the spur of the moment to go our to a bookstore coffee shop to browse and then sit and talk.

    ReplyDelete