Saturday, August 7, 2010

Apologies and Impromptu Parties

 Sorry I haven't written much this week.  Between a sore back and some other matters that involved my computer being tied up until very very late on evening, I haven't been able to blog.  But it's not that I haven't wanted to, or that I've had a bad day.  I've actually be very very productive this week.  Despite the children's best efforts, my house is actually marginally cleaner and I've made jam, a cobbler and a pie this week.  I also made dinner.  Only once, but I did make dessert the other times. :) I made ribs and corn on the cob.  It was goooood!

 We had a very nice day today.  I wanted to make bread since it was cooler and my freezer stash has all been used.  Unfortunately, my back was very angry at me so I took the day off.  Later I decided to run errands with Steve and the boys very last minute.  We had a great time getting a picnic table for my mom, especially after Kian fell asleep in the van resulting in my being forced to read my book.  What a hardship! *cough* After finally choosing a picnic table, we drove to my parents house to assemble it.  Steve is seriously talented!  And he looks really cute in coveralls!  Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera so I don't have pictures to show off how cute he was.  :)  It was even cuter to see the little boys helping him. :)

 As we arrived late in the afternoon, my parents fed us supper.  Corn on the cob, steak, sauteed mushrooms, and roasted new potatoes.  Mmmmm!  So good! My mom's birthday is on Monday, so Dad had picked up a cake for her.  I convinced him to bring it out and turn our bbq into a party.  We invited over the neighbours to share the delicious chocolate cake.  It was good!  I enjoyed spending time with my boys and my parents.  Hopefully my back will behave and I'll be able to get more done.  Until then, I'll try to enjoy the forced reading time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment