Friday, February 19, 2010

Date Night!

Having a sickie at home this week has been stressful. Although the time with Aris has been gone, it has also drained me. I'm used to my routine. Those daily walks and visits with other parents at the school are important. Being woken many times during the night isn't helping my coping skills. Thankfully several weeks ago, Steve made reservations at a new restaurant in town.

I wasn't sure we were going to make our date tonight. Being woken up so many times left me coping with a headache this morning. My babysitters were running late and my house had been a mess, but my dad helped me clean it. I am so thankful for my dad! Aris had an outburst that shook my confidence this morning. But even with all of today's drama, I made it to my date.

Aris picked out my clothes, Dad watched the kids so I could get dressed in peace, and my in-laws babysat so we could go on a date. Steve looked quite nice. The restaurant was beautiful, the service was wonderful and the food was lovely and interesting. Steve and I like interesting food, especially juices. I had pear-ginger juice while Steve had cranberry apple cider. Yummm. :)

After our dinner, we went to a friend's house. Steve's co-worker hosts a monthly games night. So far we've managed to make two of them. We both like to game and we really enjoy being out with other people. It was a good evening, even though I really can't do math. I feel much much better after a lovely dinner and fun playing games. Hopefully this feeling will last tomorrow when my kids are awake. Now to get some sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment