Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dancing Church

 Sorry for the break in writing. I've been emotionally and physically exhausted.  To be honest, I still am.  Life has been pretty crazy recently and I'm having difficulty processing.  Tonight is no exception, unfortunately.

 I spent the weekend attending cross-cultural training in Hamilton.  This was a very neat and encouraging experience.  Unfortunately, I ended up missing a birth I was supposed to attend.  This is devastating.  I'm still trying to deal with the ramifications of that.  But on the bright side, we attended a Congolese church this morning. I grew up in a charismatic church, so I feel very much at home in this type of service.  I also enjoyed seeing the bright outfits.  How I wish I was black! Being in this very different service really ministered to my heart.  I don't have the words to describe it right now, but I didn't want to leave.  The fact that we were worshipping in French was also very special as I have been learning the language since I was six.  Worshipping God in my second language was a new and special experience. :)  I was very blessed to attend this lovely little church.

No comments:

Post a Comment