Saturday, April 10, 2010

Stop

Sometimes I just need to stop. Life gets so crazy and there is always so much to do, that I feel that I can't stop. If I don't do things, they just won't get done. This does tend to be true. Unfortunately, the more I try, the more tired I get and the less actually gets accomplished. *sigh*
So today I stopped. I ran some errands for myself and then I changed into jammies and crawled into bed with a book. Granted, it was a book I have to read, but it was also an absolutely amazing book. The first half was all birth stories. Since I really really like birth stories, this was great! Now I want to go visit The Farm and meet Ina May Gaskin. Also, does anyone have a copy of Spiritual Midwifery I can borrow? But I digress....

At the end of the day, I feel much better. The boys were fed, diapers were washed, and the earth continued to rotate on its axis. Here I thought that if Mommy took a break the fabric of the universe might unravel. But it didn't. Straaange. Sometimes I really need to stop and rest. This is not something that comes naturally, but I'm learning. Hopefully today's rest will help me kick this cold in time for the next birth I'm scheduled to be at. Even if it didn't, my happiness quotient has been improved and that is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment