Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Going Postal

 I'm only blogging tonight because I promised a dear friend that I would.  She likes her morning dose of Grace with her coffee. :)  Unfortunately for the second night in a row, I have a horrid migraine.  I hate migraines!  But I have a wonderful husband who made dinner and put the kids to bed, and a wonderful little girl who took care of me while I was puking and told me that I'm the best mommy in the world.  Miss Aris blows me away with her words of encouragement.

  Once I started feeling a wee bit better, I consented to watch tv with my wonderful husband.  We're both huge fans of Terry Pratchett.  If you haven't heard of him, he's a British fantasy writer.  His work is brillant.  Several of his works have been adapted to movies.  Tonight we watched the first half of Going Postal, one of my favourite Discworld novels.  Although it isn't completely true to the book, it is a very good watch.  Brilliant adaptations of my favourite books make me happy. :) 

 Also on the list of things that make me happy comes phone calls from very good friends.   One of my best friends who lives far away called me today.  Just talking to her makes me feel better.  There's something about those very good friends that I've known for a very long time.  Phone conversations are so much different now that I always have kids to chase, but I still treasure them. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment