Sunday, June 6, 2010

Paying Attention

 My littlest is rather observant.  On our walk to church this morning, I was focussed on the path when he squealed "bunny wabbit!" very excitedly.  Sure enough there was a bunny bounding across the path.  It was a very special moment.  As we approached the library entrance, Kian had to look for snails.  He loves snails!  Other than collecting them as a child to earn money from my grandfather,  I don't really pay attention to snails.  But Kian is fascinated by them.  On Friday we observed a "mommy swug" for about five minutes. Today we looked closely for snails.  After finding about 5 clinging to the stone, we found one fully extended "strolling" along the sidewalk.  We stopped and watched.  I must confess that after all these years of not paying attention, I'm now finding snails fascinating.  I'm so thankful for my little man who forces me to pay attention.  I notice much more when I'm out with my kids.  This has been and continues to be a blessing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment