Sunday, October 31, 2010

Being Woken by Giggles

 My legs are giving out from all of the day's walking, but it's been a good day.  I didn't think it would be, but it was!  So here's a very quick highlight.  We had a great service at our new church.  Yes, we've finally settled at a church.  All of our kids have now visited and they've attended Sunday School.  Both Aris and Zane have approved it.  We still haven't heard the minister speak yet, but we have met him.  This church uses both hymns and modern songs which we quite enjoy.  We haven't met a lot of people yet, but I had a very nice conversation with an older couple today that seem to know my best friend well.  They were very welcoming and friendly.  Hopefully I'll feel less scared next week.

 After church we stopped at Steve's parents' house.  His brother is in town for the weekend and we wanted to see him.  We know that he typically sleeps in, so we thought it would be fun to wake him up.  Yes, we're those kind of people. :)  Originally, our kids were going to jump on him, but instead they just stood in the doorway and giggled at him.  He wasn't upset at all to be woken up, thankfully and we had  good visit with him.  Steve's parents were quite late getting home from church, so Steve prank-called his mom.  That was funny!  Then they fed us lunch.

 Because it is Hallowe'en, we had an early supper and then went out trick-or-treating with our friends.  It was nice to hang out with our friends.  The one mother looked very stressed as she is handing in her thesis tomorrow.  When I heard that, I was very glad that we pulled her away for a break.  She and I are planning on going out for Latin food sometime in the next month or so.  We mostly chatted about jobs, houses and dressing for winter, but she did ask some questions about my faith.  The other friend has been working full-time this year, so I've really missed connecting with her at school.  It was nice to spend some time with her as well.  Our kids behaved beautifully this year, although they tired out quicker than last year.

 It's been a very very good day.  At some point, I will post pics of my very cute kids, but I'm not there yet.  I'm much too tired!  Whatever you did tonight, I hope you all had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the kids woke up Uncle yesterday! Their giggles are sooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete