Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ups and Downs

 It's been an up and down kinda day.   This roller coaster ride started this morning when I woke up feeling horrible.  But then I didn't have to get out of bed because it was Tuesday. I like Tuesdays. :)  Once a week, Steve and Aris volunteer together at breakfast club.  It's nice to have a day where I don't have to leap out of bed.  Mornings are not my friend.

 I made some lovely stock/soup today, but started feeling crappy so I didn't get the laundry completely put away.  However, I have not had much luck making soup from scratch but today's batch turned out beautifully.  Of course,  Zane gave it a solid thumbs down before he had even taken a bite!  *sigh* Aris loved it.  Making a good soup completely from scratch was such a victory that it negates all other bad things today, including the migraine.

 Today was my third migraine day in a week.  The count might be higher, some days I lose track.  Tuesdays are my yoga evening and I was feeling so miserable that I just wanted to go to bed.  But I had promised I would drive a friend, drop off something and pick up an order from my friend.  If I cancelled, I would be letting down at least three people, four if you count the teacher.  So I popped more pain pills, took a hot shower with peppermint shower gel, raided the peppermint candy corn(yes, they do make peppermint candy corn, it's delicious and helps with migraines) and prayed really hard that I could drive.  It was a good decision.  I left yoga feeling much much better than when I came. And since I now look like I'm pregnant again, I need all the exercise that I can get.

 On the list of today's positives, I ended up looking at a bunch of food blogs.  Oh, that made me happy!  At least two friends have pointed out recently that I get positively rapturous when I talk about food.  You might think I really enjoy cooking and eating.  Just maybe.  So looking at some amazing food blogs really excited me.  I'm debating joining the Daring Kitchen where each month there is a baking and cooking challenge.  After talking it over with Steve we're going to hold off on officially joining, but I'm going to try some of the previous challenges.  Just looking at the different recipes and beautiful food photos made me happy. :)

 Oh, if you pray, please pray for a little girl named Elsa.  She's in the middle of a bone marrow transplant and needs to have emergency surgery.  Her liver enzymes are also very high.  Please pray against infection and that her liver function would stabilize.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment