Squash Turkey Stew
1. Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas. I did this using the quick soak method(bring chickpeas to a boil, turn off burner, cover pot and let sit for about an hour).
2. Add 2 T oil to a good size pot. When oil is warm, add 1 chopped onion and 2 cloves of garlic. Saute.
3. When onions and garlic are soft, add in the drained chickpeas. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add in 2 cups broth. Bring to a boil, then turn way down and let simmer with the lid on for a couple of hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Add in as much shredded turkey as you would like and about two cups of pureed squash. Stir in 2 bayleaves, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp coriander, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 T honey, and some salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a bubble. Turn down the heat and let simmer until ready to serve. I topped this with cranberry sauce and cilantro.
Here's a picture of Zane with his bowl of stew. He looks so...um...thrilled?