Saturday, October 23, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

 Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days.  There's been a lot to write about, but it's also been crazy busy around here.  Thursday evening, Steve and I went to visit his great uncle who is dying from cancer.  It is a solemn thing to sit with those who are dying.  He is much more lucid than the great aunt we visited with two months past while she was dying.  He knew who we were, was able to converse and even cracked jokes with us.  Still, it was obvious that death was near.  It was a privilege to tell this man how much we loved and appreciated him before he passed on.  We have been blessed to have that chance with both Steve's great aunt and uncle this year.  But there are so many that don't get that chance.  I'm challenged to tell people how much I love them all the time, not just save it for these last chance occasions. I also have been thinking about how important it is to express kindness to all we come in contact with.  I want my legacy to be one of kind words, encouragement and love, not one of impatience, anger, bitterness and gossip.  I've been challenged.

 There's a lot more spinning around in this head of mine.  But I am sick again, so I'm going to stop for the night.  I'll try to post tomorrow about more of this crazy busy full week.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment