Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Think I Read Too Much

The pots still sit next to my kitchen sink. The basket of laundry remains unfolded on my bed. Slightly more important things happened today. I walked to the library with my new friend so she could get a library card and find out about ESL conversation circles. Then I walked to Chapters with another friend and chatted about relationships, kids and life. Pointing out all the books I have read or am in the process of reading made me realize that I read a lot. A ridiculous amount actually. That made me happy for some reason though. On our walk back, I made a random remark that ended up being exactly what my friend needed to hear. After our walk, I hung out with my new neighbour some more and we looked at each other's wedding pictures while exchanging stories. I'm amazed at how much I've grown. Several years ago, the thought of carrying on a conversation with that much of a language barrier would have frightened me off. Today was intense, but doable.

Although I have chores that remain undone, I know that my time was well spent. Perhaps my chores will get done tomorrow, although maybe a baby will be born instead. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment