Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Impromptu Dinner Parties

There must be something about Wednesdays. Last Wednesday, we ended up having an impromptu dinner party with school friends. Tonight it was with our neighbours. Today did not go as planned. It felt like everything that could go wrong did. As we got out of the van this morning, Aris discovered that she had forgotten her bag so I had to go back to get it. Even that simple thing didn't go as planned, but it meant that I got to meet my new neighbour and her son. After introducing myself, I went on my merry way.

Much much later, we arrived back home. Steve introduced himself to our neighbour and we ended up hanging out in her furniture-less townhouse with another neighbour of ours. It turns out that although my new neighbour is from Israel, they speak Russian. My other neighbour's husband is from Russia, so we introduced them. Steve ordered pizza and we all migrated to my house. It was a very fun evening getting to know my new friends. My kids got to bed much later than they should have, but I think it was worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment