Friday, March 5, 2010

Intense Fits of Laughter and Sunshine

Once again, the sun shone brightly today. Sunshine, blessed sunshine! Although I had plans of cooking a reasonably nutritious supper today(really!), the sunshine was seductive. So instead of our normal routine, we went to the park once Steve got home from work. Unfortunately, Aris took more pictures than Steve did, and hers are all of animals so I don't have a great photo to post, but it was a great outing. The animals were extra friendly. Aris even hand fed a swan snow.

After our lovely stroll in the sunshine, we had dinner at our favourite local burger joint. Our kids love their onion rings(Steve blames me), and we savour the chance to enjoy the best burgers in our city. Tears were shed over my refusal to buy ice cream for dessert, but it was still a good outing. For me, the best part was that not only did my wonderful husband go along with one with of my crazy, spontaneous plans, he actually enjoyed himself. To top off our evening, Aris sang us an amusing little song she learned at school this week.

Yesterday, I started reading a new blog. It's written by a mom who had four kids in four years. Let's just go with she feels my pain. Not only that, but her blog is side-splittingly funny. Last night, I laughed the hardest I have ever laughed in my whole entire life. My throat was sore and I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard and couldn't stop. Steve was sitting on the couch wondering what on earth was going on with his wife. :)

But I think the laughter was actually really helpful. I had a good but deep conversation earlier yesterday. There were some really good things coming out of that conversation, but also a lot of challenging thoughts. These thoughts rambled through my brain and had it not been for my hardcore laughter earlier, I think I would have had a huge meltdown. Instead, the laughter took the edge off. I still have a lot to process which means I'm going to keep reading things that make me laugh and spend lots of time enjoying the gorgeous sunshine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment